Wednesday 7 November 2012

A Fall Hike (Part 1)

We had the van in to have new tires put on it last Saturday.  Unfortunately there was a problem and when I called to tell them about it, it turned out I had to bring the van in.  Because we're homeschooling four children, we usually try to schedule these things in the evening or on weekends so I don’t have to drag four kids along with me.  But the mechanic said it would only take half an hour and I figured we could go for a nice walk while we waited.  (The van actually took more than an hour and a half but that’s beside the point!)  The point is that, despite the annoyance of having to have the van back in again on a weekday afternoon, we had a great time on our hike – climbing, balancing, running, skipping, laughing, exploring, breathing in fresh air, etc. . . . We ended up having an unexpected afternoon of fun, just hanging outside together.  


Love these pictures of all the kids looking out at something.  I never set them up that way but it just works out that I have a bunch of these kind of pictures in different locations.  Fun!  







This picture made me laugh because when I looked closer, I noticed Austin is wearing crocs! LOL.  




Brotherly love.  

He found the stick he wanted and took half the forest with it!  

1 comments:

Catherine said...

Such fun moments! My Grandma says, 'Each day holds some lovely secret just waiting to unfold.' I think of this often when unexpected blessings like hikes and special times with our kiddos happen.

Great pics of the fun!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 A Bit of This and That. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator